Buses to LMA
- No. 8 runs between Harbor Point/UMass (Red Line) and Kenmore Square via Boston Medical Center and Ruggles Station (Commuter Rail, Orange Line). LMA stops: along Avenue Louis Pasteur, Longwood Avenue and Brookline Avenue.
- No. 39 runs between Forest Hills, Copley and Back Bay (Orange Line, Commuter Rail). This route follows E Line to Arborway and continues to Forest Hills. LMA stops: along Huntington Avenue.
- No. 47 runs between Central Square, Cambridge and Broadway via LMA and Ruggles Station (Commuter Rail, Orange Line). LMA stops: along Avenue Louis Pasteur, Longwood Avenue and Brookline Avenue.
- No. 60 runs between Chestnut Hill and Kenmore Square via Brookline Village. LMA stops: along Brookline Avenue.
- No. 65 runs between Brighton Center and Kenmore Square via Brookline Village. LMA stops: along Brookline Avenue.
- No. 66 between Dudley Square and Harvard Square via LMA (Brigham Circle), Brookline Village and Allston. LMA stops: Brigham Circle.
- No. CT2 (Crosstown) runs between Kendall Square, MIT (Cambridge) and Ruggles Station via Longwood Medical Area. LMA stops: Brookline Avenue, Longwood Avenue and Ruggles Street.
- No. CT3 (Crosstown) runs between Beth Isreal Deaconess Medical Center and Logan Airport via Longwood Medical Area Andrew Station and Boston Medical Center. LMA stops: along Avenue Louis Pasteur, Longwood Avenue and Brooklin Avenue.
LMA Shuttle Services
- Shuttle All-Ride Program
The LMA Shuttle All-Ride program allows employees and students of all LMA medical institutions to ride many of the shuttles servicing the area for free! You no longer need to limit yourself to riding your own employer’s shuttles, as you are now able to ride shuttles operated by other institutions that may better fit your commuting needs.
- Fenway (Park & Ride Shuttles)
The Fenway Combined Shuttle serves MASCO member employees who park in the Fenway area and MASCO member employees who need to travel between offices in the Fenway and their main campuses in the LMA.
- Ruggles Express (Service to and from the Ruggles MBTA Station)
The Ruggles Express shuttle provides service between the Ruggles MBTA station and the LMA for employees and students of MASCO member institutions. MASCO member institutions absorb the cost of this service, and riders are not charged a fee.
- JFK/UMASS Shuttle (Service to and from JFK/UMASS MBTA Station)
The JFK/UMass Shuttle provides service between the JFK/UMass MBTA station and the LMA for employees and students of MASCO member institutions. MASCO member institutions absorb the cost of this service, and riders are not charged a fee
- Landmark - Longwood Shuttle
The Landmark-Longwood Shuttle runs between Landmark Center in the Fenway and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health main campus in the LMA and is for the exclusive use of Harvard students, staff and faculty. Proper ID is required.
- LMA Harvard Medical School Shuttle (M2)
The M2 Cambridge-Harvard Shuttle transports riders between Harvard Square and the LMA via the Massachusetts Avenue corridor with stops at Central Square and MIT in Cambridge. Students from Harvard Medical School, the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Harvard Graduate School of Design, Harvard Division of Medical Sciences, Harvard Business School and Harvard Faculty of Arts and Sciences, as well as Harvard University officers, staff and hospital affiliates with a valid Harvard ID, can ride the shuttle for free. (Costs are charged to affiliated departments or institutions). Others, including the general public, can ride the shuttle but must purchase a ticket at the Harvard Information Office in the Smith Campus Center (formerly the Holyoke Center) in Harvard Square or at a participating institutional parking/commuter services office. For details, see the M2 Cambridge-Harvard Shuttle page.
M2 tickets are available at the following locations:
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
East Campus Commuter Services Office (employees only)
Kirstein Building room 224
330 Brookline Avenue
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Cashier's Office (employees only)
Main entrance lobby
75 Francis Street
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Boston Children's Hospital
Parking Office (Boston Children's discount applies to Boston Children's employees only)
283 Longwood Avenue, parking garage, 1st floor
Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
44 Binney Street, SWL141
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Joslin Diabetes Center
7th Floor, room 725 (employees only)
1 Joslin Place
Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Harvard University - Smith Campus Center (Formerly the Holyoke Center)
Events and Information Center
1350 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge
Hours: Mon - Sat: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Closed during special events - please call ahead.
Campus Card Office (staff and students only)
Palace Road Building, Suite P107
Hours: Mon - Fri: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (summer and winter break)
Mon, Tues, Fri: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Wed, Thur: 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (fall and spring semester)
Wondering if the shuttle is running on schedule? Want real-time information on the M2/Cambridge, Ruggles Express, JFK/UMass or Park and Ride shuttles? Check the current location of shuttles – anytime, anywhere – online: Use the mobile-optimized web page. Visit the desktop web page. Download the Shuttle Tracker app for your mobile device for even easier access to real-time shuttle information.
LMA Area Advisories
To keep Longwood Medical and Academic Area commuters informed and up-to-date on situations that may affect their travel, MASCO staff works closely with state and city agencies, the Red Sox, and MASCO member institutions to monitor existing conditions and events that impact traffic in-and-around the Longwood Medical Area. Traffic advisories and alerts are posted on the MASCO website. Shuttle advisories are also be posted on MASCO’s GPS/Transloc website.
Transit to LMA
Green Line Service and Other Connections:
D Line - Riverside provides service between Riverside and Government Center (Blue Line), North Station and Lechmere via Newton, Brookline, LMA (Longwood and Fenway stops), Kenmore Square and Park Street (Red Line). Subway trains arrive every six to twelve minutes during rush hour.
- E Line - Arborway provides service between Heath Street and Lechmere via Longwood Medical Area (Brigham Circle, Longwood/Hospitals or Museum of Fine Arts stops), Copley, Park Street (Red Line), Government Center (Blue Line) and North Station (Commuter Rail). Bus route 39 supplements E Line service to Forest Hills. Subway trains arrive every nine minutes during rush hour.
- Commuter Rail service is available to communities north and west of Boston via North Station and communities west and south of Bostion via Ruggles Station, Back Bay Station and South Station.
For more information, please check the MBTA website.