Citations are issued when general parking regulations are not followed. The following offenses are subject to citation and towing at the owner's expense:
- Vehicles that do not display the proper permit or decal.
- Vehicles that are parked in restricted areas, such as fire lanes, crosswalks and building entrances.
- Vehicles that impede the flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic in any way.
All citations must be paid within 21 days of the date issued in order to avoid a late fee. Payments can be made by the following methods:
- Mail citation with check or money order payable to "Harvard University" to HMS Commuter Services and Parking Office, 180B Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.
- Pay citation in person by check or money order at the HMS Commuter Services and Parking Office, 180B Longwood Avenue, Room 132, Boston, MA 02115.
Payment of fines constitutes an agreement to the specified violation.
A parking permit holder who fails to pay a parking fine may be subject to towing or non-renewal of their parking permit.
If you would like to appeal a citation, you can do so by clicking here. Please be aware that appeals must be submitted Parking office within 21 days of the citation's issuance.
Illegally parked vehicles on the Harvard Longwood Campus are subject to being towed at the owner’s expense. Tow fees are set by the municipal government. If your car has been towed, contact the HMS Commuter Services and Parking Office at 617-432-1111 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After 4:30 p.m., direct inquiries to the Harvard University Police Department at 617-495-1212.
A tow release slip and payment must be presented to the tow company to obtain your vehicle. The tow slip can be picked up at the Harvard University Police Department Office located at 90 Smith Street, Boston, MA 02115. The tow release slip will indicate where your vehicle is located.