We support the teaching and research missions of the Harvard Medical School by maintaining and improving the Campus' physical environment. Among our major responsibilities towards the achievement of that goal are:
- Providing customer service on all facility-related issues 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Controlling and maintaining building environments
- Managing safety, statutory, renovation, repair, energy and preventative maintenance projects related to University-owned buildings
- Providing support to all HMS events and ceremonies
- Supporting the HMS energy and environmental initiatives
The department consists of several offices with dedicated, skilled, professional employees trained in every trade required for the maintenance, repair, and renovation of campus facilities. Services offered range from grounds maintenance to events support to custodial services to heating, ventilation, and controls to project planning, design, and construction.